MBCN Third Party Event Policies
MBCN POLICIES & PROCEDURES for a THIRD PARTY FUNDRAISER
Thank you for your interest in holding a fundraising event/promotion to benefit the Metastatic Breast Cancer Network. We appreciate the efforts of the groups, large and small, that raise funds to support MBCN's mission to advocate for the needs of women and men living with metastatic breast cancer and for treatments that extend their lives.
Protecting MBCN's reputation is very important to us. With that in mind we ask that you agree to the following when conducting third party events to benefit MBCN.
1. APPLICATION: MBCN Application for a Third Party Fundraiser must be completed and box checked acknowledging that organizer has read and agrees to the policies outlined here. The third-party event is not authorized until approved by MBCN. MBCN reserves the right to decline an offer to hold a third-party benefit event. If you are under the age of 18 your parent or guardian must complete the application and agree to the MBCN Third Party Event Policies on your behalf.
2. MATERIALS: MBCN will provide printed materials about MBCN to be distributed at the event at the organizers' request.
3. TAX STATUS: Organizers of the event cannot use MBCN's tax exemption in conjunction with the event. For example, organizers cannot use MBCN's tax exemption status to purchase supplies or food in conjunction with an event.
4. BANK ACCOUNT: The business/organization/individual will not open any bank accounts using MBCN's name or Employer Identification Number. Any check donations listing MBCN as the "Payee" will be forwarded to MBCN.
5. DONATIONS: Only donations made directly to MBCN are tax deductible. Donations made directly to a third party event can thus be used to cover the event's expenses, but they are not tax deductible.
6. STAFFING: Due to limited personnel resources, MBCN cannot provide staff support to third party events.
7. GOOD STEWARDSHIP: The business/organization/individual agrees to minimize expenses related to the third party event.
8. OPEN BOOKS: The business/organization/individual agrees to an "open book" policy, and to provide an event plan and budget, if requested.
9. LOGO: Any use of MBCN's name or logo in any mailing, advertising, or media must receive prior approval.
10. CONFLICT OF INTEREST: MBCN will not enter into any agreement with a business/organization/ individual when there is a potential conflict of interest with MBCN's programs and policies.
11. BENEFIT: All fundraising is to be conducted for the exclusive benefit of MBCN. Any variance must be approved by MBCN in advance of the event.
12. PRIVACY: In accordance with the Donor Bill of Rights, MBCN does not release volunteer or donor names.
13. INSURANCE: All third party event organizers are responsible for providing insurance as required by law or established business practice.
14. NET PROCEEDS: Organizers of the event donate the net proceeds of the event to MBCN. Please send the check to The Metastatic Breast Cancer Network, P.O. Box 1449, New York, NY 10159, within 30 days of the event. MBCN provides a single acknowledgment for the event proceeds; it does not acknowledge the contributions of individual event participants except as noted under #5 above. MBCN does not pay any costs associated with the event.
15. LIABILITY: The organizer hereby fully releases and agrees to hold harmless the Metastatic Breast Cancer Network, its Officers, Directors and represntatives of and from any liability, claims, damages, expenses or casues of action for any reason.
When you complete the application, you will be asked to acknowledge that you have read and agree to the above policies.